Newsy MMA Userów

1660587575642.png

1660650043177.png

“I’m going to explain a little bit when I say the low level thing. Talking about fighting technique, it doesn’t matter what your style is. We’ve got a guy like Israel Adesanya, he’s very flashy, he’s very technical, but he has a real solid base. His technique is sharp as fuck, but he’s really flashy. With Dominick, the ... movement that he does, me and my coaches, we think that’s a low-level style to do MMA. It’s just our opinion. It’s not a fact, but maybe we prove it because of the way that we finished him. But I wasn’t talking shit like he sucks. I don’t think he sucks. It’s the movements we don’t think work for MMA, because there’s kicks, elbows, knees. There’s so much more you can run into. Yeah, you make a little trick, sure, but he’s not having a good base.
“When I say good base, I mean proper fundamentals,” Vera continued. “Throw good combos, move well, move your feet correctly, instead of just doing crazy back and forth [movement]. It makes a little harder, but it’s not technical or correct for us. That’s an opinion. Yes, I said it like that and I mean, it just sounds a little fucked up, it sounds like I was talking shit. I wasn’t talking shit. I do respect him. ... I have respect for him and I appreciate what he did, because without a guy like that, maybe bantamweight wouldn’t be what it is.”

1660650195025.png

Back