Bedzie rewanż czy nie? - o to jest pytanie

Dyrma

BAMMA
Light Heavyweight
z MMA Weekly

The haze around who was the top contender in the lightweight division after Saturday night’s fights lifted immediately during the UFC 125 post-fight press conference. Anthony Pettis was still declared next in line for a shot at the 155-pound title.

The confusion stemmed from the draw between champion Frankie Edgar and challenger Gray Maynard during the UFC 125 main event. Edgar and Maynard battled back and forth for 25 minutes, but ultimately, according to the judges, no one was the clear winner.

As closely as the fight was contested, it would almost seem a lock that a third fight between Edgar and Maynard would be in store, but the UFC had other plans and they are sticking to them.

UFC president Dana White, speaking through UFC vice president Craig Borsari, made the announcement, that the creator of the “Showtime kick” would indeed still be next in line to fight for the belt.

An obviously disappointed Maynard could only sit in relative silence as his dream to become lightweight champion fell by the wayside, as did his hopes of an immediate rematch.

The timing of an Edgar vs. Pettis fight is unknown at this time, but the two lightweights will square off in 2011 with the UFC lightweight belt up for grabs.

Nie dziwię się minie łysego po walce wieczoru - remis to było najgorsze co mogło go spotkać.

Gray jest następnym po Fitchu zawodnikiem, który padł ofiarą swojego stylu z poprzednich walk.Jak mawia Schiavello - ShIT JUST GOT REAL!

EDIT: Wg Bottera jednak Dana po konferencji zmienił zdanie:

25184178.jpg

Breen też potwierdza, że CEO UFC zmienił zdanie...

wedlug mnie nie powinno byc teraz rewanzu. Najpierw Pettis, a potem niech sie dzieje co chce

Wydaje mi się, że rewanż powinien się odbyć i to jak najszybciej. Gray zasłużył sobie przynajmniej na szyki rewanż.

I dlatego nie ma zwykle remisów, bo ktos kolejny czeka?Bezsens :) werdyktu nie komentuje, bo pewnie ile ludzi tyle stanowisk, przy takim pojedynku, wiem jedno, obaj sa warci siebie i obaj zasluzyli na walke o tytul. Na tym poziomie takie walki sie zdarzaja, jak nie chca wcale remisow oglaszac to niech tej opcji zabronia, w koncu kiedys musi byc, a kiedy jak nie, gdy spotyka sie dwoch mocnych zawodnikow, jeden z jedna porazka wlasnie z danym rywalem, a drugi niepokonany, nikt inny poza nimi samymi ich nie pokonal.
Wsadzcie ich w trojke do klatki i niech wyjdzie jeden, byloby widowisko, a i sadze, ze zwyciezca;)

Back