Tanio skóry nie sprzedam

Klasyczny przykład jak działa "nurek Kartezjusza". RIP Jacob
---------
Pięknie wyjaśnił co się stało pewien nurek w komentarzach pod filmem
Diver here - I can explain what happened. Please up-vote so others can read. Jumping into a whirlpool without a wetsuit would guarantee you'd get sucked down immediately. The key to this stunt and the accident was his wetsuit. He was confident that he could survive because his wetsuit had enough buoyancy to counter the whirlpool - he was safe, floating like cork. As the tide came in the whirlpool lost its strength - it gave Jacob opportunity to take more risk. He put the horse mask on as a stunt as he was comfortable with his buoyancy vs the weakening power of the whirlpool. However things changed when he dived down. Wetsuits contain small bubbles of air in the neoprene. These bubbles provide buoyancy at the surface - BUT -when swimming down the water pressure increases, and the bubbles in the neoprene compress with depth, causing the wetsuit to rapidly loose its buoyancy. According to Boyels law - at 5 meters below, he would have lost 25% of his buoyancy, at 10m he would have lost 50%. From 15m down you actually sink like a rock. During his swim down - the balance between the whirlpool and his buoyancy tipped in favor of the whirlpool and he was sucked down. It's a tragedy, a mistake in judgement. Even I as an experienced diver have made mistakes while being caught in the moment. I respect Jacob and what he stood for. I am really sorry this happened.

:beczka:

U8eyJWUpHW6Pqjz1.jpg

Back