Problemy wizerunkowe Khabiba w Rosji

defthomas

Vale Tudo
Championship
Cohones
MMARocks
622501528.0.jpg

Wzięte z zagranicznego forum więc take it with grain of salt. Mnie zaciekawiło:

A comment by a Russian on Conor's "His own people want him gone and I’m going to do it in the name of the Russian people."

Conor said this during the conference and I would like to let you know that Conor is not far from being right. Russian here to explain.

There's been a scandal involving Khabib in Russia which resulted in Khabib's losing any respect by many Russian fans, and also in creating quite a fun flashmob by Russkies. You can read about it in here (more overall info): http://www.eng.kavkaz-uzel.eu/articles/44350/

A couple of weeks ago a Russian singer Yegor Krid (8.9 million subscribers in insta, Khabib has 5.7 for comparison, so he's pretty big) had to cancel his concert in Dagestan (where Khabib is from) due to receiving a lot of threats in Social Media.

After Yegor Krid's posting the cancellation news on Instagram, Khabib made a screenshot of the message with his comment "Small loss".

Timati, a label owner to which Yegor Krid is signed to, also being one of the most popular Russian hiphop artists and producers, made a video reply to this saying Khabib is not the one to influence other's opinions even if Khabib is not a fan of this music, that he respects Khabib and the're not asking anyone to boycott Khabib's fights, and they are eager to solve this conflict peacefully.

To which Khabib replied with quite a nasty "He has a right to think what he wants and no b*tch will force their will upon him. Dagestan future lies within our hands (meaning Dagestani men) and not some "petushara" (hard to translate this Russian slang, "petushara" is a prison slang for those who were forcefully turned out (urban dictionary it) in prison, also any one who is an outlet/weak/just disrespected in any way. In Russian pretty macho society, this is a very harsh offence, like, the only thing after being called like this is to punch a guy, if you care).

Since then, even Ramzan Kadyrov, leader of Chechnya, called them to make peace.

Welp, any way, while Yegor Krid's songs are not loved by people who love MMA, Khabib's way of saying things and his aggresiveness raised a lot of concerns and questions in Russian sport fans society - again, it's not about liking or disliking Krid's music, it's about Khabib's aggressiveness.

People started turning from Khabib, can't say at which volume, but top comments on Sports.ru - the biggers Russian sport news site were negative about Khabib. Some Dagestani men commented there saying Khabib is a hypocrite, he still fights undressed on stage for money in front of Kafirs, so he can't call himself a faithful Muslim (I'm not sure if that's really like that in Islam).

Many turned to rooting against Khabib, and also somebody started a flashmob, posting #выйдиподКрида comments in Conor's instagram. #выйдиподКрида means #walkdowntoKrid, so hopefully Conor will really have Yegor Krid's music playing while he's walking down to the ring lol.

Hope some of you finds this amusing, because I do, and also helpful and adding to the hype, it was pretty big news among Russian sports media. Sorry for the errors, not a native speaker.

Last edited:
Co tam Kabib i UFC jak w naszym KSW jest lepsza draka z angielskim Janem Kowalskim

Some Dagestani men commented there saying Khabib is a hypocrite, he still fights undressed on stage for money in front of Kafirs, so he can't call himself a faithful Muslim (I'm not sure if that's really like that in Islam).

I to jest właśnie mindfuck, takie postrzeganie rzeczywistości. Czyli co - idąc takim tokiem rozumowania, to np. Mairbek Taisumov i cała reszta zawodników z Kaukazu -> też są tacy jak Khabib? Hipokrytami?

A jeszcze był przypadek takiego typa, co sobie zinterpretował, ze "Islam nie pozwala bić ludzi za pieniądze" i zakończył karierę, mimo iż był niepokonany i perspektywiczny.

:matt:

Taki on właśnie jest, bogobojny muzol na pokaz, który będzie pierdolił, jak to jest respectful swoją łamaną angielszczyzną i jak się martwi, że Conor przeklina, a po rusku cyrylicą będzie wyzywał jakichś ruskich hip hopolowców od cweli. Fookin fake rat.

I teraz muszę się zastanowić, czy dalej TEAMKHABIB, ale chyba z miłości do "łapania i rzucania" - wybieram dalej Kebabipa ;)

Back